Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I am trying to get an EIN number for my newly formed LP. The…

Customer Question
I am trying to get...
I am trying to get an EIN number for my newly formed LP. The responsible party (General Partner) is an LLC. The form will not let me have the EIN right away because it is an LLC applying for it. It will take 4 business days or weeks by mail. Is there any one (attorney, accountant) that can do this so I can have the EIN today?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Business Law
12/12/2017
Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

I am afraid the accountant or attorney would have to apply for the EIN just like you are applying, so the fact they are an attorney or accountant would not speed the process up. The IRS needs to validate the LLC is a valid LLC before issuing the EIN to the LP and it takes usually less than 1 week from the time the IRS receives it to when they issue it.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.