Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

My friend and I are looking to buy some land and develop a…

Customer Question
Hello! My friend and I...
Hello! My friend and I are looking to buy some land and develop a business in Reno, NV. Where should I start researching, laws, government assistance and everything else. A starting point including a business plan template would be amazing. We would be purchasing land and building rental property.Thank you!
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Business Law
12/12/2017
Business Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney

Congratulations on your new venture. I would start at the Nevada secretary of state website here...http://nvsos.gov/sos/businesses

After that you need to look at the city of nevada's regulations applicable to your type of business. I might suggest having an attorney assist if it is in your budget. Structuring the business in the right way is essential to minimize both legal and tax exposure.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney