Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I need a template for a for a contract and have it

Customer Question
notarized. I am going to...
I need a template for a for a contract and have it notarized. I am going to partner with a person to create a website. I am the developer and he is going to finance the project. How do we get it notarized, can it be done digitally and be legally binding? Do I get it notarized and fax it? Please send me links to template contracts?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Business Law
12/10/2017
Business Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

So, I have a copy of a basic contractual agreement you can use as a template; however, you will have to put in all of the right information to make it official. Once you're done, you can go to www.hellosign.com and have each of you sign it electronically, Now, as far as the notarization, usually a bank or credit union does notary work for under $30, plus you can go to www.thumbtack.com and look for a notary that can come to you. You can get it notarized yourself if you are at a distance from the other person, then send a copy of that agreement to the other party for them to sigh and notarize. Just make sure that you put in that it's not binding until it is notarized.

What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?

What does hellosign do? If I use hellosign do I need to get it notarized?Please break down what each sentence means:The parties may agree to this modification at any time if it is agreed to, in writing, by both parties.The successors and assigns of this Contract will be bound to the terms of this agreement.This document, including any attachments, constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and no other promises outside of this agreement have been made.

Thanks for responding. Hellosign allows you to sign documents electronically. If you use hellosign, then you won't be able to use a notary. If you want a notary, then you'll need to draw up an agreement and then take it to a notary.

The parties may agree to this modification at any time if it is agreed to, in writing, by both parties.: This means that the parties have to agree in writing if they want to modify the agreement.

The successors and assigns of this Contract will be bound to the terms of this agreement.: If you sell your business, then the new owner is bound to the terms of the agreement.

This document, including any attachments, constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and no other promises outside of this agreement have been made.: This means that there were no other promises made other than what's in the agreement.

Did you have any other questions for me?

When you say
"If you use hellosign, then you won't be able to use a notary. If you want a notary, then you'll need to draw up an agreement and then take it to a notary."
does the mean hellosign can replace a notoray? That is, is the same legally binding scenario as a notary?Does hellosign cost money? If yes, do you have a free alternative like hellosign?

I'm sorry for the confusion. No, hellosign doesn't replace a notary. Hellosign is just a quick way to sign documents electronically, but it's not a notary service. A notary is just there to witness signatures and verify that they're authentic; however, they're not required for 99% of all written agreements. If you want to have a notary, you need to draw up an agreement, take it to a notary, and then sign it. Hellosign usually has a free trial as well, but you should take a look at their website as I couldn't tell you for sure.

is an electronic signature a legally binding agreement? That is, if both parties do an electronic signature then they are legally bound to the contract?
You got it.

Hello, it’s been awhile since we connected so I wanted to check in with you to see if you had any further before you rated. If you have any other questions or if there is anything else I can assist you with today. Please reply here and let me know.

Infolawyer, Attorney