Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Amazon lost 99 out of my box of 100 dvds. then they play…

Customer Question
Amazon lost 99 out...

Amazon lost 99 out of my box of 100 dvds. then they play games for 2 months saying they will reimburse me and then kicking the case to someone else different everytime. they have killed my sales by not letting me do prime. and they also said my dvd weighed 8 kgs so the shipping is 14.71 for each dvd. so no one is buying it. i would like to sue or at least threaten legal action?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am in california

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

Yes i have opened like 5 cases in my case log in amazon for 2 months now.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that they promised me a reimbursement of 3600 but keep lying to me

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Business Law
12/10/2017
Business Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.This appears to be a violation of the implied covenant (promise) of good faith and fair dealing if they were supposed to reimburse you, but have not done so and have bounced you from person to person. Under the Uniform Commercial Code Section 1-304, every contract comes with implied promises from both parties that they are going to be acting fairly toward one another. The failure of one party to act fairly toward other can result in a breach of contract. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for advising of a breach of contract. It's a bit easier (and cheaper) than going through litigation and I have seen it be effective in the past. If this doesn’t work, sadly, the only other option is to either go through an informal mediation or file a lawsuit in your local court. This website is also pretty cool because you can just purchase, download, and go. Click here to get started.

What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?

Hello, it’s been awhile since we connected so I wanted to check in with you to see if you had any further before you rated. If you have any other questions or if there is anything else I can assist you with today. Please reply here and let me know.

Infolawyer, Attorney