Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I am 1 person in a 22 person lol. My partner wants to add a…

Customer Question
I am 1 person...

I am 1 person in a 22 person lol. My partner wants to add a new partner did there would be three of us in the old. I DO NOT wantcthius. Ca n I ber forced to add this 3rd person or forced out against my will ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

We are an llc in rhode island yes, We are recognized by the state as an LLC with our business . T hat should say i am 1 of 2 curre ntlybin the llc

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?

That should say I am 1 of 2 people in this LLC that is registered with the Secretary of State and the state of Rhode Island.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Both Delaware and Rhode Island

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Business Law
12/8/2017
Business Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.This can only be done with your consent. Without consent the addition is null and void.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
the third person canno t be added without my Ok? We have a 3 year lease for our bus unless yhats just started in July too...only in our 2 names.I DO NOT WANT TO ADD THIS THIRD PERSON...
So this is safe , I cant be forced out if I don't agree...correct?
Correct!
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!
No I am not spending more money. I don't feel That my answer was completed. I'm confirming and since I spend already spent $41 I feel like I deserve more than one sentence of any answer
what more can I answer for you? No call needed.
As mentioned you have a veto power over adding a new member. This cannot be trumped by anyone else. Your consent is required. If needed, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. A court could enjoin any voidable addition.
Thank you
Very welcome. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!
Infolawyer, Attorney