Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I'm filing a small claims court complaint against a utility…

Customer Question
I'm filing a small claims...
I'm filing a small claims court complaint against a utility in Pennsylvania. The form asks for the specific statute in question. I don't know what to fill in.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Business Law
12/6/2017
Business Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 8 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

It's for damages caused by an improper repair to my electric connection to my house

You can sue here for breath of contract, since you have one with utility here.

n Pennsylvania, a breach of contract action involves (1) the existence of a contract, (2) a breach of a duty imposed by the contract, and (3) damages. J.F. Walker Co., Inc. v. Excalibur Oil Group, Inc.,792 A.2d 1269 (Pa.Super.2002). Additionally, it is axiomatic that a contract may be manifest orally, in writing, or as an inference from the acts and conduct of the parties. John Edward Murray, Jr., Cases and Materials on Contracts 184 (3rd ed.1983) (citation omitted).

Reference

http://trentcotney.com/construction/breach-of-contract-material/

I appreciate the chance to help./You can claim breach of contract and reference this case above.Good luck here.

Thanks again and thanks for rating 5 stars.