Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I have a C corporation the hold 7 apartments, me and my

Customer Question
partner want to open a...
I have a C corporation the hold 7 apartments, me and my partner want to open a new entity and transfer over half of the appartments so he can eventually stay with 3 and my 4. what would be the correct way to transfer my 4 apartments to the new entity which most likely will be an LLC.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Business Law
12/4/2017
Business Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

SO, the easiest way to make this transfer is to open up the new entity and then have a quit claim deed transferring the properties from company A over to Company B. File that quit claim deed with the county and the transfer will be complete.

What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?

Infolawyer, Attorney