Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I am looking for a sample motion of reconsideration for nj.

Customer Question
I am looking for...

I am looking for a sample motion of reconsideration for nj

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

Condo association sent my account to collection law firm, was speaking with plaintiff attorney to determinte amount owed because i disputed the amount owed, in meantime the personnel changed a few times, last lawyer on the case filed civil action, we were discussing settlement and seeking to determine amount owed and entered intoa stipulation of 30 days to answer which was filed with court, when I went to file my answer i learned a default was entered against me, had to then use cout forms to do motion to vacate, received check in mail for $30 for the fee for my filed answered with note on check that my motion was denied, when i looked back at papsers i realized that i hadn't given a reason for the request to vacate the defulat,and the supporting papers were with the answer, which the court didn't look at, so now i am trying to get the case back on the docket, plaintiff counsel sent an email that they wouldn't oppose my motion that i initially filed because they acknowledged droppign the ball

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Nj

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have not received an official decision from the court of their decision to deny the motion, just the cehck returned the fee for my filed answer

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Business Law
Answered in 5 days by:
12/10/2017
Business Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Instead of doing Motion for Reconsideration, you need to do a consented to Motion (joint Motion) with the Plaintiff's Attorney to vacate the Default Judgment since the Plaintiff's Attorney has admitted that he made an error. In any event, here is a sample Motion for Reconsideration.

Goodluck with your case,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.