Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Looking for someone with government contract experience.

Looking to file a grievance...
Looking for someone with government contract experience. Looking to file a grievance and need advice
12/4/2017
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney
I do have experience. Happy to answer questions.
I would like to file a grievance on my contract and I am hoping to gain any insight you may be able to provide me. I have contacted my contracting officer to ask the process and her response was what is your basis for a grievance? I have not yet responded to her. This is in relation to this past fire season and out of state contractors being used while my dispatch reported no resource available when I was in fact available.

I see. So in my experience these contracting officers have fairly broad unilateral rights to make decisions. Can you provide the referenced dispute FAR clause that applies to your contract?

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney