Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

A friend, no really, has decided his financial advisor is…

Customer Question
A friend, no really, has...
A friend, no really, has decided his financial advisor is ripping him off up to several hundred of thousands of dollars. I am not surprised as for some reason this advisor had my friend put the advisor's wife as the beneficiary on the various financial product's being invested in. I told my friend this was highly unusual but he thought this was a way to make sure the financial advisor did a good job of investing. Now, my friend wants to transfer his money to someone else and prosecute the first advisor. What is the best way to document irregularities with the original advisor. I've heard of a forensic accountant or just go to a lawyer, what kind? Can you outline the steps for a private person should do. I'll check for an answer later today.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Business Law
12/3/2017
Business Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.