Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I a computer female computer programmer and I have my own…

Customer Question
Hi, I a computer...

Hi, I a computer female computer programmer and I have my own company (owner/CEO and I am the only employee) for the past 5-6 years and have been a contractor for other firms through my company. I live in VA around DC and would love to resister my company under 'Women Owned' and 'Economically Disadvantaged Women Own' so I can get government contracts from different organizations like Dept of VA, Dept Of Education or... Do your site/company do these types of tasks and how long it takes and how much would it cost?
Thanks
Sepideh Sobhi

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require). Has anything been filed or reported?

I have done some easy steps

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Like

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Business Law
I have already registered my company under SAM.gov
I have created an account under the DUN and Bradstreet for my company but that's where things slowed down since I do not know where/how to continue
I have got my MPIN and D-U-N-S number for my company too
now I need to know what other steps I need to do to register my company for 'Women Owned' and 'Economically disadvantaged women-owned small business (EDWOSB)' ?
can you do it for me and finish it and how much and what you need if you can
11/30/2017
Business Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney

I would be happy to talk to you about how to proceed with this. It may be best for us to talk by phone.

Asad, I would like to know the steps and the cost ahead of time please and how long it will take for you to go over them. As much as I would like to have the conversation, since I am very busy these days, I rather have you write it please and I get to it and decide if I can hire you or not
Thanks

Sure, I would expect 15k-20k in terms of research and any filing that needs to be done. We would need to review your corporate governance documents as well. There are also certain requirements that you must meet to receive government contracts.

$15,000 to $20,000 to register my company in a few sites? Sorry not interested. It is toooo high
thanks

That is just an estimate but I understand. Good luck to you.