Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Under what situations can a presiding officer of a church…

Customer Question
Under what situations can...

Under what situations can a presiding officer of a church declare an old quorum rule for meeting invalid?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arkansas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Business Law
11/28/2017
Business Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. In AR, the law regarding non-profit associations and their rules regarding quorums is determined primarily by the laws of the organization. If the presiding officer has the right to change the rules regarding a quorum on their own, then there is not much that can be done. Otherwise, the Board of Directors are the ones that have to make the necessary changes to the bylaws, including the rules on quorums. What other questions did you have for me today?