Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I am a contract (HIC NJ), and I want to accept credit

Customer Question
I am a contract...

I am a contract (HIC NJ), and I want to accept credit cards... I want a contract drafted as a Waiver, so that, if a client decides to file a claim to dispute (which can be a maximum of 90-days), I will have options to stack on my side of the table to sue (if not take to mediation immediately), and also have, a solid waiver/contractor, so that the dispute process will work faster to my favor..!

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NJ..! This is for drafting a contract / Waiver for me to accept Credit Cards.!!!

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Are you reading what I have written

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The 1st paragraph of information should be enough yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Business Law
11/28/2017
Business Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney

I would be happy to assist. It may make sense to have a short phone call so that I can understand your business. Helping to draft a contract is a premium service with additional costs.

Not happy with the response!
I was expecting more, and this does not sound like a competent professional!
I need an attorney versed for credit card exchange for business use!
I explained my business Contractor, and my needs.
Please have someone else get back to me!!!
I an pasting below the quick guidelines to the restrictions and laws of credit card use.* It is important to note that there is a risk of a chargeback whenever a credit card payment is accepted, regardless of the merchant service provider you are using. There is no way to stop a cardholder from disputing a payment with their bank, even if they sign a contract stating they will handle the situation through mediation, civil court, etc. The reason being is that the disputes process is entirely separate from a legal process and thus, the bank does not consider those factors.The right to chargeback/dispute a transaction exists between the cardholder and their card issuing bank. As a merchant that accepts credit card payments, you must adhere to the chargeback process and protocols set in place by the credit card networks. While there is no way to completely rid yourself of a chargeback, there are certain precautions you can take to significantly lower the risk of receiving a chargeback and/or increase your ability to win the case if one occurs.Please read through our Best Practices for Accepting Payment Cards for helpful tips on how to protect yourself as a merchant when accepting card payments through Square.Additionally, at this time, Square does offer some coverage for our sellers when it comes to chargebacks. Square Chargeback Protection is available for free to all Square sellers. When you sell with Square you are automatically enrolled for up to $250.00 per month of protection against chargebacks.This program is completely free, and any payment disputes that total $250.00 or less will be eligible for coverage. In order for this case to remain eligible for Chargeback Protection, you must complete the Information Request Form we send you and submit your supporting documentation and information for this case within 7 days of the initial dispute notification. The form can be found in the initial notification email and through your Square Dashboard.
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney