Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I want start selling my product online in my website that I…

Customer Question
I want start selling...

I want start selling my product online in my website that I have been crafting for a while. How to register my company and please telling something about Maryland taxes and fee?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want to donate my portion of earnings to the some nonprofit organization and directly to the physically challenged people. In this case, do I have to file additional paper work while registering my company?

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me where the nonprofit is registered?

In Maryland

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Business Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/25/2017
Business Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks so much for your patience. So, generally, I would list all of the requirements, but your state actually does really good in terms of setting up an online portal for you to register your business. If you click here, you can see for sure. Just so you know, just make sure that your business doesn't share a name with anyone else, once you determine that, then you can create a user account and get your business registered with the state. I cannot tell you what the exact fee is unfortunately; however, it is often usually less than $100 to get registered, but it changes depending on your county and when you file. As far as taxes, depending on your business structure, your taxes will vary. If it is a sole prop, then you will pay ordinary income taxes. If it is an LLC or S-Corp, the company's income can flow from it to you directly, meaning you aren't double taxed (the business and you). If it is a C-Corp, then they will have to pay corporate taxes.

Did you have any other questions for me today that I could help you with?

just a moment sir
Can you provide me the website to register my business?

Sure thing. If you click here, you can get started right away. What other questions did you have for me?