Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I own a small business and am being attacked and harassed by…

Hi I own a...

Hi I own a small business and am being attacked and harassed by a group of people, who through social media Facebook are posting my personal office number and address, plus today posted a newspaper article saying my home was raised by dea and my sister and I were arrested & an elderly woman was removed from the home (our) mother who was being hell here against her will. What can I do about this

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Oklahoma and no raid was done today, someone sent me the screen shots of what was being posted

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I was just sent this 15 minutes ago & am livid

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I really don't know other than this has been ongoing now for months and here is where it has escalated to I simply want to know what I can do cause this has damaged my business in excess of $100,000 and Facebook has been of no help

11/22/2017

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Is any of the information they are posting truthful information?

I've tried to respond and send a file I can't get anything to go through. Wasted the past hour getting kicked off the site so maybe this isn't the route to go ?
I'm just trying to get an answer of whether what they have done is legal. Its a gross misrepresentation of a local newspaper claiming my sister and I were forcefully removed from our home by DEA agents, we don't even live together, we own a jewelry business and are licensed S corp ICE organization was bright in cause we were holding an elderly woman against her will and she was heard thanking them for rescuing her? I just don't see how any if those claims could even be legal to publicly post something like that on a social media platform plus encouraging people too share the article

It is not unlawful for them to post truthful information. You say it is gross misrepresentation, but if they are reporting on the truth, even though it may be a little exaggerated. The more truth there is in the posting, the harder it is for you to win a case of defamation or libel. To have any legal case you can bring, you must prove the postings are KNOWN FALSE when they are posted. If they are not known to be completely false and someone is posting truthful information with their opinion of the information, those cases are very costly to file in court and very hard to win.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

There is not one truth in what they posted, DEA was and has never been to my home, they typed this as a newspaper reporting a story in my town, said at 3:15 Tuesday Nov 21 is when this took place that we were both arrested that I was removed from the home in a cowboy hat & men's underwear telling obscenities at my neighbors & my sister was forcefully removed as well . The misrepresentation I was referring to was they portrayed this as an actual news article from our local paper Even retyped with their logo at the too and there's not one once off truth to the story in any shape or manner none if it
Here's the clipping that was sent to me on Facebook asking me what this, was and naturally I had no idea cause it never happened
Thank you for your reply.Okay I thank you for the clarification. So if they have fabricated the article completely, you can sue them for libel and seek all of the damages they caused you. That is the key, proving they made known false statements against you.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney