Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I need to get a non inspection certificare for customs I…

Customer Question
I need to get...

I need to get a non inspection certificare for customs I have a package coming in marked confidential and they will not release it without the certificate

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

No I have not ga

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Business Law
11/21/2017
Business Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Could you provide a bit more information about the shipment?

Who is sending it? Where is it coming from? What does it contain? Are you being asked for a fee to get the certificate?

its coming from Nigeria to atlantia Georgia airport it contains very personal papers I have been told by them I need a non inspection certificate I don't know how or where to get one
I don't know where or how to get the certifcate

What is in the papers? How do you know the sender?

the sender is a friend of mine and the papers are very personal

That is not what a non inspection certificate is for. Non inspection certificates are used for the importing of mass quantities of manufactured goods.

For example, if I had a factory in China and I was sending you multiple containers over a one year period comprised of jackets you were going to distribute in the US, you could seek a non inspection certificate to prevent the delay of inspecting each box of jackets coming in over the year.

An NIC is not used for a single shipment of papers.

I am concerned that you are being targeted in a scam. Who is this friend? Have you ever met in person? Are you being asked to send money for an NIC?

is there any way I can contact customs to check and see if the package is there
at the Atlanta Georgia airport
STOP f**kING TEXTING ME WTF

I am not texting you.