Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Can healthcare providers randomly decide which patients to

Customer Question
bill and not bill for...
Can healthcare providers randomly decide which patients to bill and not bill for the same service
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: Texas. No.
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: It's not a manufacturer issue
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Business Law
11/21/2017
Business Lawyer: Legal Expert Justin, Attorney replied 20 days ago
Legal Expert Justin

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. Can you be more specific about the nature of the charges and who was and wasn't charged?

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I am a contractor hired to review patient accounts and noticed some patients (including medicare, medicaid, and private insurance companies) were intentionally not billed by a state agency.

How do you know the lack of billing was intentional?

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I was told by individuals in charge they didn't bill the patients. Also, I have over 10 years experience as a healthcare CFO. I questioned why they were not billing, and that was the response.

I understand. I'm sorry, but on further review, I will not be able to help you in this matter. I will opt out so you can seek the advice of another expert.

Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 20 days ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR as your previous contributor left.

A healthcare provider must bill all patients for services and are not allowed to write off or give free treatment they must charge everyone for services it can be deemed medical billing fraud. This is something that has to be reported to the US Attorney General's Office for investigation.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney