Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I'm looking at leasing or purchasing a business that has a…

Customer Question
I'm looking at leasing or...
I'm looking at leasing or purchasing a business that has a tax deed. The owner, recently applied for a quiet title. I would like to know, what I need to do to protect my investment, if I'm looking at putting money into improving the property.
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Business Law
11/20/2017
Business Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Attorney replied 9 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney

the key thing would be to seek an indemnification for the property that if any legal issues come up with the property that the seller would "indemnify, defend, and hold your harmless" from any claims that arise either by a prior owner or any governmental body.

Could I lose the money that I invest into the property ($80,000-$100,000)? Would the 15 year lease have to be honored?
Business Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Attorney replied 8 months ago

I need some more details to answer your question. Would you be open to a premium service phone call? If not, that's fine but provide some more info regarding your lease question.