Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I am looking into being a lactation consultant. Technically,

you do not need to...
I am looking into being a lactation consultant. Technically, you do not need to be certified to be an LC and I have 4 children and years of experience. Is it illegal to make a certificate that says I am a "CLC" (certified lactation consultant) so I can get business?
11/19/2017
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

No, it is not legal because you would be giving out false information. If you have not received Certification, you cannot say that you have been certified. That would would be fraudulent act on your part and you could get in trouble for making false claims about your qualifications. What you are proposing is a non-starter.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Thank you! I appreciate it! I will not be doing this.