Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I am a renovation contractor. I have clients who are US

based who want to hire...
I am a renovation contractor. I have clients who are US based who want to hire me to do a renovation to their condo in Canada. I referred a designer to the clients to provide interior design services. The clients have hired the interior designer and want to pay all vendors including me through the designer. They did not consult me about the payment process and it does not follow the payment terms I set out in the contract which included payments directly from them to my company.I assume I should rewrite and resend the contract to include the designer as a third party payer but in doing so, do I have to contract with the designer as well? And if so, does that give the owner a way out of the contract later?
11/19/2017
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney

No, you would not give the owner a way out of the contract, because the owner is still bound by the original terms they signed, despite a change in the structure of the payments. You are safe here.

Please rate 4 or 5 stars and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney
Thank you. Do I need to rewrite the contract to include the designer as a third party payment processor?
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney