Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I run a service based business and a client paid for

services, only to do a...
I run a service based business and a client paid for services, only to do a chargeback a month later and now I am out the money for the services and the chargeback fees. I am wondering what are my options to attempt to recoup this money. Business is located in Las Vegas, but the client lives in Massachusetts.I attempted to fight the credit card company to show that he was committing fraud with his claim, but they sided with the card holder even though there is overwhelming proof of fraud.Any suggestions would be great.
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/18/2017
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Take your time.

Send them a demand letter here for the amount owed and indicate you will file suit in 14 days if not resolved.You can try suing them locally, they would have to come to Nevada to deal with it.

You can sue them up to $15k yourself in small claims.See if they will pay up ,otherwise here are forms and self help

http://www.lasvegasjusticecourt.us/divisions/small_claims/index.php

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again and thanks for rating 5 stars.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney