Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I just sent out an annual meeting mailing for my association

I manage which was approved...
I just sent out an annual meeting mailing for my association I manage which was approved by my supervisor and 2 board members. I suddenly realized later that what they approved had an error. The proxy form tells you to pick three candidates (candidate biographies were included in this mailing) but it doesn't list the candidates only write-ins. Its an error that can easily be rectified within the time constraints of the bylaws as far as mailing it out on time. I can email the membership the proxy and also do a physical second mailing. Is there anything else legally I need to be cognizant of for my board with this second mailing?
11/18/2017

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

No, all you need to do is notify the membership that the previous notice sent out was in error and you are including the corrected documents. As long as you can show the correct documents were mailed in time, you and your board are covered.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney