Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Business partners filed a ludicrous claim with Baltimore…

Customer Question
Business partners filed a...

Business partners filed a ludicrous claim with Baltimore County District Court and I have to respond within 30 days and I don't really know how to file my response/motion

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Maryland, Baltimore County

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes they filed a complaint against me and the company

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's about it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Business Law
11/17/2017
Business Lawyer: Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Richard - Bizlaw

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

You need to file a notice of intention to defend. Here is a link that provides guidance on what you need to do to respond. If the lawsuit is against the company also, and it is less than $5,000 you should be able to represent the company as an officer. You will also have to file an answer on behalf of the company. If it is more than $5,000 you may need to get an attorney as if the case is in Circuit Court.

https://www.peoples-law.org/file-caserespond-case

Here is another source you may find helpful.

http://www.marylandattorneygeneral.gov/CPD%20Documents/Tips-Publications/smallclaims.pdf

If I have answered all your questions, please highly rate my answer as that is how I receive credit. If you have more questions, please let me know. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.