Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I have a court date in November 2018 for jury trial, and a…

I have a court date...
I have a court date in November 2018 for jury trial, and a case management prior to that in October 2018.The court house let us know we have 7 court dates from last week (11/8/2017) to pay the jury fees ($150).So here is my questions:1) What happens if I pay the fees, but the Plaintiff does not pay?
2) Do I have any advantage if I pay, but they don't?
3) What happens if they pay and I don't.
11/15/2017
legalg
legalg, Attorney

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

CCP 631 requires the jury fee to be paid before the CMC or the party is deemed to have waived the right to a jury trial; please see:

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displayText.xhtml?lawCode=CCP&division=&title=8.&part=2.&chapter=5.&article=

The court can waive the fee if justice demands (so the case can proceed to a jury trial) - please see:

http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/JURY-FAQs-for-Attys-Ptys-9-17-12.pdf

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Can you explain briefly what it means when a party waives trial by jury.

It means that the judge will hear the case, as opposed to a jury trial.

Please see

http://www.scscourt.org/self_help/civil/lawsuits/trial.shtml

for considerations that are helpful.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:

legalg
legalg, Attorney