Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I decided to sue my business partners. The business is going

to operate in Panama city...
I decided to sue my business partners. The business is going to operate in Panama city beach Florida but we live in Pembroke Pines Florida. What court should i use for this?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?
Customer: nothing
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The business is a franchise where I was the only one putting cash, I just discovered that the franchise does not recognize me as a franchise because a negligence act of one of the partners
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2017
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

My understanding is that the franchisor terminated the franchise agreement with you because of the negligence of your business partner and now you want to sue the business partner. Is that correct?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, one of the partners work for the Franchisor (orangetheory fitness) and he was supposed to take all my paper work to the main office. I was the only one bringing money (cash) to the business and now the corporation is saying that they do not recognize me as a franchisee. The same business partner disappeared the partnership agreement that was signed by me and one more partner.

Who is the company recognizing as the franchisee? Are you saying the franchisor never got the paperwork or the cash?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am going to wait for my wife to call you, she has more details of the problem

Okay. Just let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They are recognizing the other 3 business partners and they have a partnership agreement signed by them (03 original partners) before . We came at the end because they were looking for a partner with cash, We did a new partnership agreement now with 4 for partners. This partner who works for the franchise was supposed to signed the agreement and take it to the franchise office, now he is saying that he never signed any document and never took anything to main office

So where is your money? Did they return the money?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I deposited the money in July into a bank account that was opened with me as a signer. Because it was the only cash in the table, the money was used for the business expenses. I went to the bank yesterday and I took out 26K that was the only money left of my 134K

If they are claiming you are not a business partner and used your money, are they now claiming you made a loan? What are they saying about returning your money?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The have not said a word yet, I sent an email yesterday to all the partners and they have not responded yet.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The know that i took all the money out

Alright. Well, you can see what they say I suppose. Do you have any further questions at this time?

Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
PaulmoJD
PaulmoJD, Attorney At Law
Phone call session started
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney