Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I was in a car accident and I needed surgery but the lawyer…

Customer Question
I was in a...

I was in a car accident and I needed surgery but the lawyer said no fault wouldn't cover surgery but I should pay the 50,000 for surgery up front and I would get it back once the surgeon arbitrates and he will give me the money back and i settle for 250,000. They only gave me 85,000 and said I would get the 50,000 plus 25,000 back once arbirtation happens but never did

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

New york

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They are saying that the doctor refuses to do it so there isnt anything that they can do

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Business Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2017
Business Lawyer: Ely, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Ely, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. When you say that you only received $85,000, do you mean in the settlement?

So in other words, the whole settlement went towards your medical bills, correct?

Infolawyer, Attorney