Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Can you close an 1120S corporation and still have the

Can you close an 1120S...
Can you close an 1120S corporation and still have the benefits of a 1033 exchange pass through to the shareholders?
JA: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: California: no
JA: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: no
JA: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?
Customer: at will
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/11/2017
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney

The 1120S is the name of the tax return form that you use. It is an S corporation, and the stockholders receive the benefits due to the corporation individually, so yes, the individual stockholders would receive the benefit of the 1031 exchange when you dissolve the S-corp.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney