Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I'd like to look into opening an business account for an LLC…

Second opinion] I'd like...

Second opinion] I'd like to look into opening an business account for an LLC with a member that's currently incarcerated... and a personal account for the person that's incarcerated. My guess is a trust account for the personal account? and maybe it's irrelevant that one of the LLC members is incarcerated for the purpose of the business account?

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?

Delaware

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

Nothing filed yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There are three members of the LLC - two are minors, 1 is an adult. The adult is not a legal guardian for either of the minors.

Answered in 1 day by:
11/12/2017
Richard - Bizlaw

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

I assume the adult is not the person incarcerated because that person would not be able to open a bank account for the LLC while being incarcerated. There is no prohibition on the LLC opening a bank account even though one of its members is incarcerated. The trust account is the proper way to create an account for the person incarcerated as they will not be able to open an account and you cannot open an account for another person.

If I have answered all your questions, please highly rate my answer as that is how I receive credit. If you have more questions, please let me know. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.

Richard - Bizlaw

Thank you for positively rating my answer. I am glad I could be of help. If you have questions in the future please ask for me Richard - Bizlaw.

Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney