Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Our BOD has dreamed that we as members do not have the right…

Customer Question
Our BOD has dreamed...

Our BOD has dreamed that we as members do not have the right to vote for the directors. We have voted for directors every year from 2007 until now. Their reasoning is that the Artcles of Incorpiration says we are a corporation with non voting members. They will

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Nevada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. We are trying to resolve in our organization

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There was a resolution passed in 2007 that gave the members the voting rights......they have ignored it!

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Business Law
11/8/2017
Business Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
Legally practice and vote would trump the articles. You may also sue go get declaratory judgment confirming the voting right.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Business Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 4 months ago
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Infolawyer, Attorney