Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I am in Connecticut and I started a medical practice as an…

Hi I am in Connecticut...
Hi I am in Connecticut and I started a medical practice as an LLC with my brother with both of us as 50/50 members. The LLC is located in a building. Currently we are have a disagreement and I am wondering what rights regarding access to the premises do I have. The lease for the premises is under the LLC.
10/29/2017
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Both of you have the legal right to the premises. We can discuss more if you want to do so.

what is the legal rationale as we are in a 2 member LLC me and him.

Both of you own the company equally. The name of the company is on the lease. Therefore, the owners of the company have equal access. Neither one can "lock" the other out of the premises.

If you want to further discuss this, let me know. Or if you have follow-up questions, just let me know. I am happy to help.

Hello again! Checking in to see if you need further help. Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer a related follow-up question you may have. If I have not answered your question completely or missed a question, please let me know and I will attempt to answer it. If you are satisfied with your answer, please provide a positive rating between 3 and 5 stars so I can get paid for the service I provided to you. Best regards.

Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney