Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

My wife and I own a business (LLC) through which she rents a…

Customer Question
My wife and I own...
My wife and I own a business (LLC) through which she rents a chair/booth from a place that specializes in renting out chairs to cosmetologists so that she can perform hair styling services. She is not selling tangible products. The business is registered with an address in Oceanside, CA. However, she physically performs her hair styling services in Carlsbad, CA. What business license, if any, must we obtain from the city of Carlsbad, CA?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Business Law
10/27/2017
Business Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a CA licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks for your patience. Generally, if business is being conducted within the city limits of Carlsbad, then they require to have a license. They generally want you to allow 8 to 10- weeks. You can even apply online if you click here. Thus, although she is registered in Oceanside, she still must apply for a business license in Carlsbad.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.