Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I have a small business in Mass. I purschased the bussiness

I have a small business...
I have a small business in Mass . I purschased the bussiness in 2009 and paid the previous off in 2015. She has moved to Fl and is using my company name can that happen?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not sure what you mean
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
10/23/2017
Infolawyer, Attorney
Your company named cannot be used by another where that use is not authorized and licensed. It creates confusion in market place and you may demand it stop. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She is also soliciting my clients with that letterhead (my co name) to her business in florida
Unacceptable conduct. A lawyer cease and desist letter can precede a lawsuit seeking an injunction and compensation.Would you kindly rate me five stars - that is the only way I get credit by the website. Thank you!
Infolawyer, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I know her husband will be ready for a FIGHT. But would it be directed to her as she is the business owner?
It would be directed at her and her business!
Infolawyer, Attorney