Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Is promoting a offshore affiliate sports betting site in…

Is promoting a offshore affiliate...
Is promoting a offshore affiliate sports betting site in state legal? For example, can I advertise my marketing website on billboards, cars, apparel, and so on? I don't take any bets/wager on my site, I advertise offshore casinos that do take bets which are legal on the federal level to gamble at in the US.
10/21/2017

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Promoting any gambling websites or even sports book sites which operate offshore is legal in the US as long as you have a disclaimer on your site that such activity may be unlawful in the US and it is the user's duty to check the laws before participating in those sites.

As long as you warn individuals in the US, because websites are internationally accessible, there is absolutely nothing illegal in promoting and advertising those sites on your site.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Hi, I'm not talking about promoting it on my site. I want to know if I can promote my site using offline methods...
Such as advertising on a billboard, printing flyers and pass them out, wrapping my car with my website on it...
Basically any offline marketing method

Yes, you can promote your site in the paper and billboards and traditional marketing, since you actually said you are not taking any bets, just promoting the sites. That is not illegal.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney