Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Under F.S. 825.102 (a) Abuse of an elderly person is defined…

Under F.S. 825.102 (a) Abuse...
Under F.S. 825.102 (a) Abuse of an elderly person is defined in part as follows: Intentional infliction of ... or psychological injury upon an elderly person.... The act is defined as the commission of a third degree felony punishable as provided in 775.082; 775.083 or 775.084.
I have researched the statutes and am unable to determine precisely what the penalty a third degree felony as described herein merits. Can you tell me?
This is question about Florida criminal law, but there are no such options in your program. So I chse Florida business lae
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/21/2017
Legal Expert Justin

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. Please give me a moment or two while I research your issue.

In Florida, the maximum punishment for a third degree felony is 5 years in prison and/or a $5,000 fine.

Legal Expert Justin
Thanks. So would it be fair to say that violation of an act defined by statute as a felony of the third degree COULD result in a maximum punishment of 5 years in prison and/or a $5000 fine. Of course, depending on the facts of the specific case, it could also result in a fine only. I tried to give you a 5 star rating, but the computer program won't accept it. This has happened recently before.