Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

How does one file a complaint on the county? I need a letter…

How does one file a...
How does one file a complaint on the county? I need a letter written to the county about a drainage situation they have not addressed. There is a retention pond located on the opposite side of my backyard fence. Every time it rains heavily the water over flows and comes into my yard as well as my neighbor's yards. I have asked them to fix it. I just moved in two years ago, but my neighbors tell me a few years back (about 3-4) they hired an attorney after the county promised to fix it they dropped the whole thing, but the county didn't do what they promised.
My dogs are sick (I have a letter from the vet) due to this dirty water, I have had to hire Orkin pest control (Now I have water rats in my house), and I hired a handyman to cover all and any holes where any animals can come enter. My neighbor and I have had snakes and I also have had to buy a mosquito system to alleviate the infestation of mosquitos. The city keeps saying they will do something but they don't. Now they are telling me that they are backed up because of Hurricane Irma, but this is not a recent issue. I have all of these documents and can include them in the letter. My trees have rotted and my fence will probably need to be replaced. I have pictures of the trees fallen (a banana tree I planted and several Papaya trees and the fence as well.
I can also include the Orkin bill and mosquito system bill. The solution would be to hire an engineer to see how it can be fixed and what is the cost. If it is not too costly I am willing to fix it, but I'd have to be gifted the land or they can fix it immediately.
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/15/2017
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney

I will be happy to write the letter for you. I suggest we have a phone call to discuss and so that I can get all of the detail. If you accept this answer I'll put up an invite for a phone call and we can do the letter today.

Please rate 4 or 5 stars and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Thanks.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney
It may be too late for me to request a call. Not sure but I'm up if you want to call or call me tomorrow. Thanks
Irwin Law
Phone call session started