Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Im a (non-involved) part owner of a small business in

Customer Question
Georia. I was offered and...
im a (non-involved) part owner of a small business in Georia. I was offered and paid money to sell my shares to my nephew. My partners lawyers wrote and states due to the corporate bylaws the sale is null and void and I must sell to the corporation. If I do not respond to them at their time I will be held responsible for their legal fees. Is this true? Can I be forced to pay for their legal fees regarding this dispute?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Business Law
10/9/2017
Business Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

It is possible that your partners or the business could seek the legal fees incurred from you, but there's generally no guarantee UNLESS there is a written agreement stating that you would pay.....and you may need to look at your operating agreement to see what it says about this.

At the least, the other party can ask for legal fees, but there's no guarantee unless a contract exists giving the other party a right to legal fees.

Roger, Attorney