Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I am trying to find out if it is possible to start a home…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to find out if it is possible to start a home for troubled boys in Oswego county New York. we have to send them out of this community to live. I think we can take care of are own boys here and give them a more positive place..So I would like to no if this is possible and how to go about it Thanks Sue

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New York

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not right now

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Business Law
Answered in 1 day by:
10/7/2017
Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

These homes are possible, but it depends on zoning, because not all residential areas would allow group home facilities. You would also have to get licensed for the group home through Office of Family and Children Services, since they are in control of regulating such facilities.

You would need to locate a property, then go to the zoning and planning commission to determine if a group home facility would be allowed there and then apply to OFCS and get approved for operating the facility.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney