Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

A business executive candidate asked a business owner about

Customer Question
the details of the business'...
A business executive candidate asked a business owner about the details of the business' technology at a meeting.
The business owner's IP attorney advised the business owner not to disclose the technology details to others for IP protection reason. The business owner told this business executive candidate his IP attorney's advice.
The business executive candidate said that the business owner shouldn't listen to his IP attorney, and the business owner should provide the technology details.
How the small business owner should respond? Is it common for business executive candidate to ask such questions? How about technology executive candidate?
Thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Business Law
10/4/2017
Business Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

If I understand you correctly, a business owner wants to disclose Intellectual Property details to a prospective candidate. The business owner's attorney says do not disclose the information. The candidate says it is okay to disclose it. Is that the situation?

Hello. I have not heard back you. Are you still looking for help on your question? If so, please let me know. Thank you.

Infolawyer, Attorney