Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Is a specification sheet on a building construction project…

Customer Question
Is a specification sheet...

Is a specification sheet on a building construction project binding if not signed by either contractor or owner of building project

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Arkansas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Filed as in a circuit court

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Business Law
10/2/2017
Business Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly

100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

How do I get an answer

Hi thanks for your patience. I'm still reviewing your question, one moment...

The answer to your question is no, if neither party has agreed in writing or orally to the essential terms of an agreement, then the agreement is not binding. This means that simply drawing up plans is not enough to enforce a contract at all. Parties often engage in pre-conract negotiations and set up terms and conditions in advance, but unless there is an offer, an acceptance of that offer unequivocally, and unless there is an exchange of consideration (e.g. money/services) the contract is not binding.

Did you have any other questions for me at all?

Legal Eagle, Lawyer