Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I am filing a motion to dismiss tomorrow. Now the plaintiff…

Customer Question
I am filing a motion...
I am filing a motion to dismiss tomorrow. Now the plaintiff does not mix a beat and they will be fining a motion to default since the 10th day of not answering the question is tomorrow. Which means they will be sending there request to the court by end of the week. I am sending the motion to the plaintiff tomorrow. Now I want the court to know before hand not do give them a default judgment on me since I am asking for a motion to dismiss and it won't be heard to the following week. Can I file my motion without a order so its in the file and they don't give them a judgement.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Business Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/2/2017
Business Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
you can file the motion. If helps, You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Its a*****for me to file. What is the correct way to mail it in. The plaintiff is over 2 hours away and they do it all via mail to the court house unless they have to show up for court.
You can have it delivered to the motion support office clerk