Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I purchased a emailing list from Exact Data. I hired a

Customer Question
I purchased a emailing...

I purchased a emailing list from Exact Data. I hired a marketing firm to send out emails they developed. They sent an email requesting permission to contact through Campaigner. Campaigner shut us down due to questionable spam. I used a list and then contacted those emails that responded to the first email. Did I violate any anti spam rules or laws? My cell number is ***************, Louie ******** Thanks.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Business Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/2/2017
Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 10 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

No, you did not violate the CAN-SPAM Act if you did as you stated above by using a marketing company to obtain consent to send emails to those on the email list you purchased. In fact, you did what the act requires, asked for permission to send communications and then sent communications only to those who stated they would accept emails from you. If you have that proof, you need to contact Campaigner and you need to provide them the proof that all of your communications were within the guidelines of CAN-SPAM and ask that they reinstate your account and if they refuse, you could then consider going to another company and/or suing Campaigner for improperly closing your account.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.