Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I am from south africa and i want to verify a lending

Customer Question
hii am from south africa...
hii am from south africa and i want to verify a lending company in Florida miami , the are asking me laywer fees and insurance fees to be paid out before they transfer the loan
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Business Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/1/2017
Business Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 10 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

If you receive a notice or email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the notice or email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

HIALL OK WITH ME
I WOULD PREFER GETTING THE DETAILS HERE

They don't come up in the database. The database you use for Florida is at https://real.flofr.com/ConsumerServices/SearchLicensingRecords/Search.aspx

A search for Mega Enterprises doesn't return any company with that name.

In addition, anytime anyone asks for money up front before you get money from them it is a scam 99% of the time.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

THEY ALSO PROVIDED ME WITH A BUSINESS REGISTRATION NUMBER

The page I gave you is where they would have had to be registered to be a lender. It doesn't matter if they are registered as a business.

THIS IS THE LETTER THEY SEND ME

That doesn't change anything as far as I'm concerned. Even if all of the information was kosher, and it doesn't appear to be, them requiring you to send money up front is enough to make me extremely wary of the company.