Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Small company with with 91% of its income coming from the…

Customer Question
Small company with with...

Small company with with 91% of its income coming from the companys online business which includes its own web site as well as Amazon business was decided to not sell the company but sell assests. The assets it sold was its own web site domain as swell as the Amazon business and Brands. Question is what constitutes an assest vs the company. Is there a measure defining when an assest is more than an asset

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

Massachusetts the company is in CT

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

Companys assests have been sold through a broker

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Two of us have 30% share of stock

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Business Law
9/29/2017
Business Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 8 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with extensive business law experience. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

The assets of the company would include everything except the shares of stock of the company, including for example all inventory, intellectual property, employees and contract. An asset purchase agreement should outline exactly what is included as an asset of the company, specifically by including an exhibit attached that outlines everything in specificity.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.