Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I have a bar in New Rochelle and I'm interested in getting a…

I have a bar...

I have a bar in New Rochelle and I'm interested in getting a hookah license

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New York

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It's a bar night club, pool table, full liquor license

Answered in 1 hour by:
9/29/2017
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

I found this article for you (see link below). Take a read of it, let me know if it is helpful, and we can discuss it if you want.

http://www.newrochelletalk.com/content/new-rochelle-hookah-lounge-raises-questions-need-regulation

what's the answer??

It appears that there is no license necessary in New Rochelle and that it is possible to open the shop in a commercial zone; however, it appears that eventually there could be an issue with the hookah bars in the future if the law changes; so possibly a license or a permit may be required eventually. But now it appears that there is no specific license necessary for a hookah bar in New Rochelle. We can discuss more if you would like to do so.

I would like to make sure if start having hookah avalibel for costumers, I don't want to get fined

As I mentioned, I cannot find an ordinance or law against a Hookah lounge or a requirement for a license in New Rochelle. However, the FDA regulates all tobacco products, including e-cigarettes, hookah tobacco, and cigars. If you sell tobacco products, you must comply with all applicable federal laws and regulations for retailers. Here is a link to a website that includes a video of what is needed to comply with Federal Laws:

https://www.fda.gov/tobaccoproducts/guidancecomplianceregulatoryinformation/retail/ucm205021.htm

And here is a link that discusses New York regulations:

http://www.tobaccopolicycenter.org/documents/Hookah%20Bars%20and%20NY%20CIAA%20--%202016-02-18.pdf

Hello again! Checking in to see if you need further help. Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer a related follow-up question you may have. If I have not answered your question completely or missed a question, please let me know and I will attempt to answer it. If you are satisfied with your answer, please provide a positive rating between 3 and 5 stars for the service I provided to you. Best regards.

Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney