Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
11313492

I have asked questions before. i would like to continue

Second opinion] i have asked questions before. i would like to continue.
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
thank you, ***** ***** taking my questions. I would like to ask you about some issues in an ongoing arbitration case. it is of a fraud charge, in which i charge fidelity for manipulating the files and altering my documents.
what can I answer for you?
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Hi, Thank you for taking my questions.
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I need phone records, medical records as evidence in an arbitration. Do I need a subpoana to get them. Does the arbitration panel have such subpoana power? Do I need to file a motion to compel the third parties to provide them?
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I need to call a witness to testify. The person used to work for the opposing side of this arbitration. She refuses to answer my questions and is unwilling to tesify against her old boss. But she has first hand information regarding the case. How can I get her to testify at the hearing?
Arbitrator should issue a subpoena or if you have a lawyer he or she can do so. Some arbitrators have particular discovery rules so need to alert arbitrator to find out their protocol! Be sure to identify reason for seeking it so more likely to be permitted and don't delay. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
By the way she lives in New York and the case is in Boston. Can she use the distance as excuse not to appear?
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I don't have a lawyer. Can't afford it. I am doing it pro se.
Arbitrator can be asked to require it and if there is hardship per perhaps can appear by video or other means.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
The replies are very helpful. How do I alert the arbitrators? We are not allowed to communicate with them.
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Do I need to file a motion for it? What kind of motion will it be?
I would raise it by letter or at next conference call or session. Earlier better.Kindly rate me five stars. Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Thanks.
Very welcome!!
Kindly rate me five stars.
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Sure.
Much appreciated!
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
before she was pointed as executor by the court, my late husband's estate attorney got access into his account without proof of authority. is it illegal?
That should not have been permitted or pursued.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
you mean it is illegal? can I sue her? or should I?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
what statute does this activity violate?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
there was a beneficiary change made illegally as a result. i suspect she was part of the reason behind it.
Not statutory but a matter of acting without authority and potential common law conversion if anything taken.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
i discovered some illegal activities in the account with unknown ip addresses. how can i find out who was behind the activities? what action can I take?
Retain counsel t investigate and if needed commence legal proceedings.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
how much do you think it will likely be?
Depends on time it takes. Could be several thousand or tens of thousands.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
should it be a civil or criminal charge?
Civil.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
should i report it to the attorney's office?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
i mean attorney general's office. do you think that will be helpful. any legal case is so expensive.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
in most cases, you have to spend a lot of money first to find out whether the lawyer is competent.
It’s a free option so if they will investigate go ahead. Please post new questions in a new thread as I cannot reply to multiple different questions in this way with one rating.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
ok.thanks.
Good luck!
Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.