Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I have asked questions before. i would like to continue

Second opinion] i have asked...
Second opinion] i have asked questions before. i would like to continue.
thank you, ***** ***** taking my questions. I would like to ask you about some issues in an ongoing arbitration case. it is of a fraud charge, in which i charge fidelity for manipulating the files and altering my documents.
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/23/2017
Infolawyer, Attorney
what can I answer for you?
Hi, Thank you for taking my questions.
I need phone records, medical records as evidence in an arbitration. Do I need a subpoana to get them. Does the arbitration panel have such subpoana power? Do I need to file a motion to compel the third parties to provide them?
I need to call a witness to testify. The person used to work for the opposing side of this arbitration. She refuses to answer my questions and is unwilling to tesify against her old boss. But she has first hand information regarding the case. How can I get her to testify at the hearing?
Arbitrator should issue a subpoena or if you have a lawyer he or she can do so. Some arbitrators have particular discovery rules so need to alert arbitrator to find out their protocol! Be sure to identify reason for seeking it so more likely to be permitted and don't delay. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
By the way she lives in New York and the case is in Boston. Can she use the distance as excuse not to appear?
I don't have a lawyer. Can't afford it. I am doing it pro se.
Arbitrator can be asked to require it and if there is hardship per perhaps can appear by video or other means.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
The replies are very helpful. How do I alert the arbitrators? We are not allowed to communicate with them.
Do I need to file a motion for it? What kind of motion will it be?
I would raise it by letter or at next conference call or session. Earlier better.Kindly rate me five stars. Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Thanks.
Very welcome!!
Kindly rate me five stars.
Sure.
Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Attorney
before she was pointed as executor by the court, my late husband's estate attorney got access into his account without proof of authority. is it illegal?
That should not have been permitted or pursued.
you mean it is illegal? can I sue her? or should I?
what statute does this activity violate?
there was a beneficiary change made illegally as a result. i suspect she was part of the reason behind it.
Not statutory but a matter of acting without authority and potential common law conversion if anything taken.
i discovered some illegal activities in the account with unknown ip addresses. how can i find out who was behind the activities? what action can I take?
Retain counsel t investigate and if needed commence legal proceedings.
how much do you think it will likely be?
Depends on time it takes. Could be several thousand or tens of thousands.
should it be a civil or criminal charge?
Civil.
should i report it to the attorney's office?
i mean attorney general's office. do you think that will be helpful. any legal case is so expensive.
in most cases, you have to spend a lot of money first to find out whether the lawyer is competent.
It’s a free option so if they will investigate go ahead. Please post new questions in a new thread as I cannot reply to multiple different questions in this way with one rating.
ok.thanks.
Good luck!
Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.