Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Launching startup and need organized step in what to do.

Customer Question
I’ve formed my LLC...
Launching startup and need organized step in what to do. I’ve formed my LLC and am just about done with website. Not sure what should do next.
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Business Law
9/23/2017
Business Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Congratulations on starting up your business. If you haven’t already, you may want to consider whether your city or county also requires you to have a license to operate your business where you live. If so,I would recommend getting the appropriate licenses from the appropriate governmental bodies in your area. Also, you may want to consider looking into liability insurance depending on the kind of business you have. Many policies will cover you against catastrophic events like a data breach or if someone slips and falls in your store (assuming you have a physical location). Accordingly, if you have employees, you will need to ensure that you are making payments on the unemployment insurance, social security, and and state/federal taxes that need to be taken out. If you are self-employed, there is a 15% federal tax that you will have to pay, plus any applicable state taxes for self-employed people a swell.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

Business Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 9 months ago
Edward Young

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Tell me more about your business and what you hope to accomplish?