Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I own a location of TITLE Boxing Club in Killeen, TX. The

Customer Question
franchisor recently increased minimum monthly...
I own a location of TITLE Boxing Club in Killeen, TX. The franchisor recently increased minimum monthly membership pricing from $69 to $89 per month, which is the 2nd such minimum price increase this year (min price went from $59 to $69 per month in January 2017).This is not good for my demographic/territory, and I'm fearing I may need to close due to price increases. Somebody has suggested to me that this is illegal for them to set minimum pricing.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Business Law
9/22/2017
Business Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Hi Mitch: Illegal is a criminal term, so it probably does not apply here. The question is what does your contract say with the Franchisor. You would want to check to see what the agreement says about increasing the minimum monthly membership fee. Maybe the contract says only once a year and the franchisor is therefore in breach of the contract. So, you have to take a look at the franchise agreement. If you do take a look and want to get back to me afterward, feel free to do so.

Hi Mitchell: I have not heard back from you. If you still need help on your question, just let me know.

Infolawyer, Attorney