Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Just wondering about a insurance claim with my builder and…

Customer Question
Just wondering about a...

Just wondering about a insurance claim with my builder and damage done to my property is there any way that the builder pays outside the insurance from water damage?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

Ma and no.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

No should I.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That is kind of the main question.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Business Law
9/22/2017
Business Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 10 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

ty

Are you saying that the builder called the water damage and that the insurance will make a payment but less than the amount of damage and that you want to know if the builder is required to pay the rest of the amount?

the builder caused the water damage. outside the insurance is there any other compensation for my loss and time. surf pro was called.

Generally, when an owner of a building is responsible for causing water damage, insurance may cover it, either the building insurance or the homeowner's insurance. However, ultimately, the builder is responsible. So, if the insurance payment is less than the total damage, then there could be a claim against the builder for the rest of the amount.

I hope this answers your question. If you need further help, just let me know.

Hello again! Checking in to see if you need further help. Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer a related follow-up question you may have. If I have not answered your question completely or missed a question, please let me know and I will attempt to answer it. If you are satisfied with your answer, please provide a positive rating between 3 and 5 stars for the service I provided to you. Best regards.