Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

A partnership agreement states that the members are to make…

Customer Question
Good morning. A...

Good morning. A partnership agreement states that the members are to make a specified capital contribution. When only one partner performs and holds a 34% can the non-contributing partner's interest be diluted for failing to make contribution as required?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

Nothing filed. The partners only signed a Partnership Agreement; however, no formal documents were prepared thereafter and the Partnership Agreement is vague and does not deal with failure to contribute.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at the moment, thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Business Law
9/21/2017
Business Lawyer: legalg, Attorney replied 8 months ago
legalg
legalg, Attorney

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Infolawyer, Attorney