Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

We have bussiness corporate company, not LLC. Can child

Good morning. JA: Hi. How can...
Good morning.
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: We have bussiness corporate company, not LLC. Can child support take money from bussiness account which havw my partners name on as well?
JA: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?
Customer: Illinois, Chicago
JA: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?
Customer: Its Corp not LLC
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes
9/21/2017
RGMacEsq
RGMacEsq, Attorney

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. No, they cannot. A jurisdiction pursuing child support cannot freeze a corporate bank account (assuming that it's not in the name of the individual). It can only go after the individual's bank account, assets, etc... They can get a "charging order", meaning that payouts to him would be garnished prior to making it to his bank account, etc... but they can't actually levy / attach / garnish the corporate account.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

The situation is - I am paying agreed child support to my children. There few delays in past 8 years and since beginning of 2017 my ex wife claimed to Illinois Department of Health services. And now monthly they send invoices to me - but I still pay directly to my kids. Since they do not receive payments from me - but kids do, they put a lien on my personal accounts and withheld around $4200. Since we do not communicate with my ex much, I was told by her that she never received he money from agency. Then I contacted Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family services and ask a question where the money is - their response is that it is not my business...My ex should resolve it. How should I proceed in this matter. I would like to remove the government services and just pay directly like I was for a past 8 years. Thank you.

That's really not a matter pertaining to corporate accounts, and we're not supposed to answer follow up questions outside of the scope of the original question. But in short if DHFS is not working with you, you might need an attorney to file a case and subpoena that information. The best case scenario is that they give this information to you, but you can't force them to do so outside of a court filing.

Thank You! This is all I need. Have a great day!

My pleasure.If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Can you see on your screen where you need to rate it? Note that you may need to press a "submit" button after clicking on the appropriate star rating. This is what I'm waiting on from you. Thanks!

RGMacEsq
RGMacEsq, Attorney
RGMacEsq
RGMacEsq
RGMacEsq, Attorney